2019 BENEFIT UPDATES
Here's what's new for 2019:
- There are no plan design changes from 2018
- While Vail Resorts’ costs for the Extend Health and Dental plans will increase more than 6% for 2019, employee cost share remains unchanged from 2018. The "Earnings" and "Deductions" will increase, but employee net costs remain the same as 2018.
- Optional Life and AD&D rates remain unchanged from 2018
- Short Term Disability rates will decrease around 16%
- Long Term Disability rates will decrease around 17%
IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR AUGUST 1 2019:
- Whistler Blackcomb's plan year has historically been based on a calendar year (January 1st - December 31st). Starting August 1st, 2019, we will align WB's benefit plan year with with Vail Resorts' fiscal year. This means the plan year starting January 1st will be a short plan year and will be from January 1st, 2019 through July 31st, 2019. During the short plan year (1/1 - 7/31), there will be no change to SunLife's plan year limits. WB's next Open Enrollment will be in July 2019 for the new plan year starting August 1, 2019. As a result, the plan year limits will reset and be effective August 1, 2019 through July 31, 2020. Going forward, this will also help minimize distractions during winter ramp-up.
- Effective August 1st, 2019, Bronze level coverage will be discontinued. Those enrolled in Bronze level coverage will be moved to Silver, unless they elect other coverage during July 2019 Open Enrollment. At the same time, Silver "Earnings" and "Deductions" will be adjusted to be similar to the historical Bronze level costs, meaning Silver coverage will be less expensive than in the past. This change will impact around 2% of those enrolled and will make it easier for participants to understand their coverage level options.
- For more information on benefit rates, head over here.